Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Big Important Meeting = Awesome Plan

Well, Tommy and I just finished our Bahamas Planning Meeting, and wow am I exhausted. What a lot of work! Actually Tommy did all the work, and his ideas were so in synch with my vision for this summer holiday show on the beach that you'd almost think I thought of them!

Anyway, Tommy wants to do Christmas in July. Since we have most of the costumes (including boots, hats, wigs, and beards) already, he's stoked about being Santa Claus. He wants to dress Guido up in the full reindeer fur suit, and Josh and Jesse can be green velvet elves with plush polar bear fur coats!



My friend Jeff, who's played this gig a number of times himself, suggested wearing something kind of light due to the actual temperature in the Bahamas in July, so I might dress up as a beachcomber who just happened upon these morons doing the hits of the 80s on the beach. I was afraid to mention this to Tommy at our very productive meeting tonight because he was so darned excited.

5 comments:

Jesse VanHalen said...

Then, who was that in our garden last night?

JV

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was another meeting about some other important stuff or something...

Lynndi Lauper said...

By the way, I meant to explain why I got home so late from the big important meeting with Tommy. You know how those meetings go! Lots of ideas, lots of discussion of ideas, lots of taking notes on discussion of ideas, that sort of thing. And then on my way home, I got stuck in traffic for AT LEAST a half hour. I hope I didn't disturb you or the monkeys when I got in.

Anonymous said...

Oh, great. Use the comment thread on the blog to hash out your marital issues.

More to the point, I seriously hope you didn't trade in the little one for some monkeys. That would be a total waste of evolution.

Cousin Dan

Jesse VanHalen said...

She doesn't talk to me in bed anymore. I have to type things out for her. In fact if we want children, i have to wear a macintosh over my face to get the job done. That's technology for you.

JV